Thursday, September 3, 2009

New job role, new building!

Well, today is my 1st day in my new job role. I was recently promoted here at VCPI. I am now a Financial Technical Analyst. Which specializes in providing support for Financial applications(payroll, billing, medicare, insurance, etc.), and in resolving tickets that tech 1s were not able to. A lot has happened since I started working here. I have gotten my CompTIA A+(Remote Support Technician) and CompTIA Network+ Certifications , and I am currently working on getting my MCP(Microsoft Certified Professional). I managed the system downs for the desk from May until this promotion. That was fun, since I got to work with Systems, Application, and Network Engineers, as well as with the Database Administrators, and some vendors in order to resolve the issues promptly. My work commute has increased significantly(12 miles compared to 2 previously). But its a necessary to move in order to climb ranks in the IT world! The new building is smaller, compared to the corporate office, but it has all the servers for all our clients, kinda crazy to see SOOO many servers!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you!!!!! You are totally going to be a CEO one day :)

    ReplyDelete