Thursday, September 3, 2009

Leaving Sophie in daycare(Oct 17, 2008 8:57 AM)

These last 10 months or so that we have been in Milwaukee I have been staying home with Sophie, and working on my degree. I am finally close to finishing my degree, I'll be graduating this December with a Bachelor of Science in Information Communication Technology. I actually found a great job here in Downtown Milwaukee, that pays well, and I start this Monday(10/20/08). They just require that I finish my degree and get an A+ certification within 6 months, which should be no problem. While this is all very exciting and great news for me, I am also very sad to have to put Sophie in daycare...This last year I've been with her at home has been great, and now I can't imagine not being there when she wakes up, or giving her breakfast, and playing with her throughout the day. I don't know, I never expected to feel this way, after all I did go to school all these years to be able to work a good job, and now that I can, I feel sad to. I never understood just how much a child can change you, until now. I hope this lessens over time, because even though I feel comfortable with the daycare center we chose, and I have no doubt that she'll be okay, I still feel sad about it.

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel, even though I complain about her alot... I feel when I finally get a job again, there's gonna be two conflicting feelings taking over me: relief and the same sadness you felt.

    ReplyDelete