Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Intense work weekend....

I have recently taken the additional responsibility of being on-call every Sunday night from 5pm to 5am. Its an extra $60 for each Sunday. Small bonus since it comes out to $4/hr lol but it is supposed to be slow on Sunday nights, so u are not working most of the time. I also get to work from home on those nights. And it makes for an extra $240-$300 every month, so its not bad when you look at it that way. This weekend was crazy though. I worked Sunday night, and I also signed up to work Labor Day(Monday, 8am-5pm, an extra $250 for working the holiday), and Labor Day on call(Monday night 5pm-5am, an extra $100 for holiday night on-call). I did this because it was supposed to be slow. Holidays usually are! But Sunday night, one of the database servers(only one for this application) for our largest client went down at 2am and I was bombarded with calls and had to wake up a systems engineer and a database administrator to work on the issue. Monday during the day wasn't too bad, since there was 8 of us, and Monday night wasn't too bad either(only 3 easy calls between 10pm and 5 am). I just need to make it through today now and I get to not work tonight lol. So all in all I will have worked 5pm on Sunday to 5pm on Tuesday almost non-stop(on-call at least). At least I should have an extra $410 on the next check to show for this weekend! lol

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, yeah, these days have been tough, I've been braindead most of the time and I wasn't even working, I've just been a spectator... I have no idea how you manage to speak coherently to your clients at 3 in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! just thinking about it makes me sleepy!! how'd you manage?? hahaha well atleast it's over now and you'll have a very nice paycheck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH dude... ur such a smart guy.... graduated.... kids... fam... all set... pretty nice man... congrats... =)

    hardworkin sexy mofo

    ReplyDelete