Monday, November 16, 2009

Mexican Jale!!!

So the vacuum cleaner wasn't working this weekend. The brush would not spin, and it smelled like burnt plastic when you turned it on. I don't know why, but I decided to take it apart. I wasn't expecting to be able to fix it or anything, I just wanted to see if I could see what was wrong. I am a terrible handyman, I don't know how to fix anything around the house. But I took it apart, which was more difficult than I thought it would be, since two of the screws were inside of a deep hole, so I could not see what I was doing in there. I was just assuming there was two screws in there lol. I finally took them out and was able to open the case and see the inside. It turns out it was just the belt that broke(more like melted off). We did not have any spare vacuum belts of course, so I had to improvise. I got 3 of those thick blue rubber bands we had around the kitchen(I think they come with the broccoli lol) and used that as the belt. One was too close to the edge so it rubbed against the edge and got burned off lol but the other two were working fine. The brush was now spinning and I was able to put the vacuum back together and vacuum the living room and our bedroom.


I am just surprised I was able to fix something lol and by improvising thick rubber bands as the belt! It probably wont last long, but next time we are out and about we can stop by the hardware store and get the right belt. Oh, and by the way, I hate carpets...they are just a magnet for stains and dirt, and are impossible to clean properly! Especially with Sophie around the house. Whenever we have a house, NO CARPETS!!! ANYWHERE! Maybe rugs, that can be more easily cleaned/replaced, but I really really don't like carpet. Man....I really want a house.

Oh, and Sophie is still TERRIFIED of the vacuum cleaner!!! She was scared for her life this weekend haha because she went up to it and turned it on, but I guess she did not expect it to turn on and she was SOOOO scared, more than I have ever seen her get scared. It was really funny, and heartbreaking at the same time. its a shame i didn't get it on video!!

3 comments:

  1. hahahha awesome skills you demostrated this weekend! i mean, you fixed the vaccum with rubber bands!!! and yes, carpets suck majorly, who thought carpets was a good idea?! it doesnt make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, there's your Mexican abilities, we all have them to some extent, haha. Pretty cool, and yeah, I can agree with you about carpets, so much hard to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha that's so cool i love that picture!! haha

    ReplyDelete