Thursday, October 1, 2009

Microsoft Certified Professional!!!

Yesterday I took my first two Microsoft Exams. They were pretty intense. I was nervous going in, and nervous when I submitted the exams, since I was not completely sure I would pass. I didn't study too much for these exams(i did cram the night before though, like any good procrastinator!) because I figured I should be able to pass without much studying, since the tests were almost on what I do at work exactly lol. I took 70-271(Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Windows XP Operating System) and 70-272(Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Windows XP Operating System) and passed them both! So I am now a Microsoft Certified Professional as well as a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician.





BUT WAIT!!!! There's more!! hahaha I've been watching too many infomercials...damn regular TV. But yeah, I was saying that what's cool on top of all that is that work pays for the exams, and the study materials($277 total. $125 per exam and a couple study guides). So as long as I pass, work pays for all the certifications I get! So far I have gotten:

* CompTIA A+ Remote Support Technician(2 exams)
* CompTIA Network+
* MCP
* MCDST

And I plan to get MANY more :) Now I just have to decide what certifcations to get next...its not easy deciding. There are SOOOO many haha. I am thinking of getting the Linux+, Security+, CCA(Citrix Certified Administrator), and MCSE(Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) as well as CCNA(Cisco Certified Networking Associate). I guess in the end it won't matter, because I will get them ALL!! But which one will I pursue next? Hmmm...

On another note, I ordered the new Richard Dawkins book!! The Greatest Show on Earth! I can't wait until it arrives :) We also got some books for Geli and Sophie. And I believe Geli is in the process of booking our flight to El Paso for x-mas! We should be there from the 19th to the 26th of December! Yes!!

4 comments:

  1. someone is a little obsessed with his certs (that still cracks me up)!! But seriously, you are awesome!! Two big draining tests in one day with not alot of studying and you kicked their asses!! Whatever path you take, I'll support you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats man, those are really nice certifications to have, big help for other jobs, keep it up. At school one of my classes gives CCNA certificates to students with good scores, I may get one of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god chuy! take a break sheesh! everytime i talk to you you're thinking of getting another certification, you sir, have an addiction hahaha. awesome dude!! let me know how the book is! and no way! you guys booked the flights already? awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Microsoft Certified Professional as well as a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician... wow... i have a degree in umm... ummm... ummm... yeah...i need to go back to school haha but i will soon, sometime, maybe, well not maybe for sure but not now. =)

    anyhow, congrats, ur amazing man!!

    and shit... ur going to be there all the way from the 19th- the 26th!!! I hope i can get atleast ONE day but idk how its gonna work. im doing my drug test tomorrow for State farm so, shit idk.

    ReplyDelete